It’s that time of year.
Now, I don’t want to be the Grinch, but this is my list of some of the dumbest money wasters I’ve ever come across: The egg separator. Might I suggest the edge of the egg shell? It’s always right where you can find it. Then again, who could resist a boogerboy egg separator?
1) The collapsible berry colander. It comes in pretty colors, but don’t you already have a colander? Or two?
2) Garlic peelers. Use the flat side of your knife to crack off the peel. Learn how to use your knife.
3) Salt Shakers. They’re fine on the table, but don’t use them when you’re cooking. Put your salt into something where you can literally get a pinch of salt.
4) Guacamole Masher. I already have one, it’s called a fork.
5) Batter Dispenser. No seriously… a batter dispenser?? Maybe you should just use that stuff that comes out of a can, like whipped cream.
6) Herb Keeper. I have herb keepers in all different sizes. Because I have different size water glasses in my cabinet.
7) Egg gadgets are a whole category onto themselves:
The egg separator. Might I suggest the edge of the egg shell? It’s always right where you can find it. Then again, who could resist a boogerboy egg separator?
The 5 in 1 egg cutter: wedges, slices, pierces, AND will cut strawberries and mushrooms. It’s almost as good as owning a sharp knife.
The egg topper: cuts just the top off a soft boiled egg shell. With shipping it comes to $101.37. Amazing value.
8) The Belgian Waffle Stand: it holds up to 6 waffles, vertically. Why? So you can get syrup on both sides!
9) Mango Splitter. Very helpful if you have crates of mangoes exactly the same size.
10) Voice Alert Thermometer. It tells you when you’ve burned dinner! I wonder if it comes with preset voices. The husband voice, “Honey, what’s that horrible smell? Is that our dinner?” The wife voice, “I can’t believe you couldn’t smell that!”. The roommate voice, “Dude, is there anything to eat?”
Anyone else willing to do a good deed? Tell us what else we never, ever need to buy. If someone needs a perfectly good, completely unused peanut butter knife…just let me know. It’s yours.